Sunday, June 04, 2006

I Just Felt My Baby Kick!

While not related to the general dillentasism I've dedicated my musings too, it is, I think sufficiently superficial to anyone but me to warrant mention anyway. Besides which, it's my blog, and if I want to talk about my coming little girl, then dammit! I will!

Some readers may know (and others are just finding out) that my wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl) in October. And I just felt it kick for the first time! Which may well be the coolest thing I've ever experienced.

2 comments:

Stephen C. Carlson said...

Congratulations on the baby, Rick!

Your blog is shaping well, so congratulations on that as well. It'll be interesting to see happens when your sleep-deprivation kicks in this fall.

Rick Sumner said...

Thanks for the congrats and the kind words, Stephen.

It's important not to mention sleep-deprivation. Through a combination of repetition and unwavering tunnel vision, I have managed to convince myself that my baby will be uniformly cute and well-behaved. She'll let us dress her in cute outfits so we can take her out and show her off, and cry--only fleetingly--when she's very hungry.

You wouldn't want to disillusion me! My fragile sanity might buckle.