Sunday, June 11, 2006

What I'm Reading Now


To be filed under the "can't-think-of-anything-better-to-blog" dept., here's what I'm reading now:

Paul Beyond the Judaism/Hellenism Divide (ed. Engberg-Pedersen). Having just opened the first page, I'm afraid I can't offer much comment beyond that I find the title to be quite tantalizing, pushing this entry ever farther into the dept. mentioned above. However, with contributions by such notables as Meeks and Stowers, I'm optimistic it will be a substantial offering nonetheless (for those keeping score, Crossan and Borg lost my internal debate, and remain unopened on the bookshelf).

Actually, "can't think of. . ." might not be wholly apt. I'm sure I probably could, but I lack the time. There is much cleaning to be done in anticipation of our coming move (while we technically have until July 19 to be finished here, I have no intention of returning after July 1), and so much cleaning I must do. Plus, me and my wife would like to go out before 1) She gets to big to do so comfortably and 2) we're parents. So this sad effort at an entry will, I'm afraid, probably be about it for today. And possibly tomorrow, but we'll see how keen I am on continuing to clean then.

No comments: