Monday, September 18, 2006

It's a Girl!

Six pounds, one ounce of Rayne Kelcey Sumner joined the world at 15:28 yesterday! Happy Zeroth Birthday! (Hey, if Asimov can use "zeroth," so can I).

I hope readers will forgive another personal note, but after the stress of the last two days, I think I'm entitled a little self-indulgence, so bear with me.

It turns out that my daughter's incredibly low blood content was due to a tear in the placenta. They're still unable to find any such thing, but they did find 1.5 cups of my daughter's blood in my wife (an awful lot of blood when you're six pounds or so), so it was clearly leaking somewhere. Of course, any such loss of blood is bad, but knowing that's what it is is emphatically good--it means that there's no disorder behind it, just a loss of blood, and so the transfusion should be all she needs.

This is borne out by her current condition, which is hugely improved. All indications are that my little girl is going to be A-OK!

Unfortunately, my camera's still at the hospital with my wife--not that it matters much, since I can't find the cable for the thing--but I'll update this post with pictures once I have it here. I'll post one before, and one after the transfusion, to give a little perspective on just how lucky we are.

12 comments:

Stephen C. Carlson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Rick Sumner said...

Thanks Stephen!

I should have noted above, brain damage still can't be entirely ruled out, and we won't be certain one way or the other until she's around three, but there's absolutely no indication of it. If there's been any, the odds are extremely good that her brain has rerouted itself such that it won't matter much, if at all. Baby's brains are marvelously elastic things.

Chris said...

Congrats, Rick. Hope all things work out well.

tcblack said...

Congratulations on your little arrow. May the Lord bless and strengthen her.

Michael said...

Congratulations, Rick (and family)!

Jim said...

Congrats- and get some rest!!!!

Chris Petersen said...

Congragulations, Rick.

Ben C. Smith said...

Congratulations, Rick, and blessings to your family.

Ben.

Brandon Wason said...

Congrats!

Kevin Rosero said...

A million congratulations, and never feel sorry for sharing such personal stories. Life is really a miracle and this story is miraculous. I'm very happy for you.

Alan S. Bandy said...

Congrats Rick!

By the way, I am also a Sumner. Hence the S. in my name. I wonder if we are related.

Anonymous said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,
人影城
,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色