Monday, October 29, 2007

Spontaneous Pneumothorax

So I'm minding my own business, a little bit of a sore back (I get a sore back a lot, so thought nothing of it), when I turn and feel the sore back shift around my lung to become a sore chest. Another turn sends it back again. I knew what it was immediately, the shifting is air, which should be inside my lung, but isn't. Mostly because my lung has collapsed--the titular "spontaneous pneumothorax." Good times.

I was sent home in the hope that it'll resolve itself, but have to go for daily X-Rays at the hospital--if it doesn't we get out the old fashioned vacuum tube, cut a hole in my chest, and suck the air out gently for a few days. Which, I can tell you from experience, hurts. A lot.

On a positive note, I've officially quit smoking effective immediately. Plus I get to spend some time with my good friend Percocet. Which makes everything better :-D

No comments: